Mental Health Services
Seeking help can be difficult; it can be especially difficult when mental health issues are the concern. Hillcrest Mental Health and Counseling Centers are here to help you or a family member take back control of their life because knowledge leads to empowerment. We help you or a loved one gain the understanding needed to make the changes and choices that lead to a healthier and happier outcome for all.
- Hillcrest Mental Health and Counseling Centers provide mental health counseling services to individuals, families and children in need - in a positive and affirming environment. We will help you with medication management, the most effective therapies and peer support and crisis support to see you through your journey. Our licensed therapists work with a variety of issues including:
- Relationship problems
- Family or parenting stress
- Grief and loss issues
- Crisis and abuse issues
- Eating disorders
- Adjustment Disorders
- Childhood/Adolescent Disorders
Follow-up services for those discharged from inpatient care.
Medication Management services are offered at the Dubuque, Washington, and Maquoketa Mental Health Centers' but not at the Asbury Road or Crisis Center locations. Psychological testing / evaluations are only offered at the Dubuque Mental Health Center and the Maquoketa Mental Health Center.
Most insurances are accepted as well as county and state funding for those who quality. On-going counseling fees are based upon a sliding-fee scale for those not covered by insurance.
The Center staff will refer to, or accept referrals from, other community agencies and will consult with, and refer to, a consulting psychiatrist when appropriate. Evening appointments are available.
As with any mental health service, pre-treatment consists of completing intake paperwork and signing forms. In order to serve you best we now offer our forms for download online. You may also complete the forms and email them prior to your appointment; simply follow the instructions below:
- 1. Click on the link to open the application
- 2. Enter information into application
- 3. Save application to your computer
- 4. Send an email to MHC@hillcrest-fs.org
For an appointment, contact us:
If you are a resident of Dubuque County and need the services of the Center, please contact:
Hillcrest Mental Health Center
200 Mercy Drive, Suite 200
Dubuque, IA 52001
If you are a resident of Washington County and need the services of the Center, please contact:
Washington County Mental Health Center
2175 Lexington Blvd., Building #4
Washington, IA 52353
If you are a resident of Jackson County and need the services of the Center, please contact:
Jackson County Mental Health Center
117 South Olive Street
Maquoketa, IA 52060
Toll free: 800-281-7444
Staff profilesClick on a staff member's name to show their profile. Click their name again to close it.
John F. Meyer
Dr. David Widitz