WIC (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children)
|Printer Friendly Version||Email Page|
The purpose of the WIC program is to help keep women and their children under five years of age healthy and strong. If eligible, mothers will receive nutrition and health information, breastfeeding support, healthy foods and referrals to other services.
Hillcrest provides these services in five Iowa counties: Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clinton, and Jones.
Mothers, fathers, guardians or foster parents may apply for their children.
To be eligible for WIC at Hillcrest, participants must meet all the following:
- Be pregnant, breastfeeding, or have a child under five years of age
- Have a medical or nutritional need
- Have a gross household income equal to or less than the income guidelines
- Have an Iowa address WIC
If found eligible, WIC staff will:
- Complete a health and diet screening with participants
- Give advice to help the participants start healthy and stay healthy
- Issue WIC checks for specific healthy foods, and show participants how to use them
The program is available to everyone without regard to race, color, age, sex, national origin, handicap, creed, religion or political affiliation.
For further information, contact the office in the county where you live.
Clinton, Iowa office
(for Clinton and Jackson Counties)
Toll free: 877-437-2942
Dubuque, Iowa office
(for Dubuque, Delaware and Jones Counties)
Toll free: 877-437-3942